Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Your Admin
Games: World of Warcraft
Guild: Broken Circle

Mount Macro

Postby Lightfeather » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:50 am

Can anyone help me devise or find a macro that will call my sea turtle unless I'm in Vashj'ir, where it will call my sea horse instead? I had one that was just a /castrandom Abyssal Seahorse, Sea Turtle but when I was in Vashj'ir and I used the macro, more often than not the turtle would come up and it's a lot slower than the sea horse. I like using the turtle when I'm not in Vashj'ir and when I use the above macro in the rest of the world, more 50% of the time I'll get an error message stating that I can't use that mount outside of Vashj'ir so the random thing isn't working for me.

I need a macro that goes something like "if in Vashj'ir cast Abyssal Seahorse, if anywhere else cast Sea Turtle" I just don't know how to impart that message in the macro language so wow can underfreakingstand what I want.
ImageImage

Kiawah
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Drive fast, take chances

Re: Mount Macro

Postby Kiawah » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:18 pm

Here is what I use:

/run if not IsMounted() then local g,f,s={1},{3},{4} local t=(GetCurrentMapAreaID()==(610 or 614 or 615) and IsSwimming()) and s or (IsFlyableArea() and not IsShiftKeyDown()) and f or g CallCompanion("MOUNT",t[random(#t)]) end
/dismount

Just replace the 1, 3, and 4 inside the brackets with the mount slot #'s. You can put multiple in there, so you could have 3,4,5,6 inside of one of the brackets if you want. Got it from here, if you have any questions about it: http://www.wowwiki.com/Mount_macros

Niralica
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: No Da!

Postby Niralica » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:42 am

I use the randomcompanion addon. It summons the best mount for where you are. So if you are in the water not vashjir you summon the sea turtle, but in vashjir it summons the seahorse. The only drawback is if you are on the top of the water and want to fly out, it will still summon the turtle. It just does the macro legwork, so all you have to do is create a macro with the command /rc mount and it will randomly pick a mount, based on where you are. It does random companion pets too, /rc pet.

Ember
Master Gunner
Master Gunner
Custom Rank: AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Postby Ember » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:35 pm

RandomCompanion also has keybind options in the blizzard keybind menu if you don't want to take up a slot in your UI.
~*~*~Ember~*~*~ :bow:

Return to “World of Warcraft”