PSU: Around for the long haul?

General Phantasy Star Chat, Rants and the Kitchen Sink
Ghen
Bilge Water
Bilge Water

PSU: Around for the long haul?

Postby Ghen » Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:50 am

Well, I'm just curious to see if you all are going to be playing a bit or burning out pretty soon. I've been playing slowly, slogging through the levels. I knew that the content update that the JP servers got was going to be awhile in being implemented for us. My main is still only level 15. About halfway to ranger three then I can focus on being a hunter so I can be ready when Fighgunner is available.

P.S. When the fuck do you guys play? I haven't seen a single one of you!

PopnFresh
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Whatever Damon is, plus one.

Postby PopnFresh » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:53 pm

I'm definitely not done wit the game, but that probably means dick to you since I didn't play PSO with you guys. At the same time, I really haven't had much opportunity to play since the weekend, and I don't play the game very hardcore for hours at a time or anything.

My main is Code Red, a level 9 Ranger. I have two under-level-5 alts, and a level 7 alt, but the level 7 was my first ranger so the chances of me playing her again are pretty slim
Poppin' up fresh, every time!
"Classic Wedge"

Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Your Admin
Games: World of Warcraft
Guild: Broken Circle

Postby Lightfeather » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:57 pm

I haven't been playing much. Got a little bit frustrated with the repetition and how XP is distributed amongst the players. Getting hits to get xp is hard when you want to be a dedicated healer. Healing doesn't net you squat in a party when your party members devastate the mobs by the time your heal animation is done.

If I stop healing to try and get my hits in first then I'm scrambling around not having fun because I'm stressing out about trying to hit shit and ignoring health bars. I just can't seem to find a happy medium with how I like to play and the content is repetitive.

/bitch /whine /moan

I think I've been spoiled by WoW.

Damon, however, still plays but not so much since he got sucked into Full Metal Alchamist (which he finished last night) and guitar hero 2. He also wants to play Bully and the new final fantasy so I don't suspect he'll be on too much.
ImageImage

ShadowDrgn
Buccaneer
Buccaneer

Postby ShadowDrgn » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:04 pm

I'm pretty busy Monday-Thursday so I'm mostly just on during the weekend. As feather points out, being a force right now kinda sucks; I'm hoping the patches go in pretty soon to give us more spells and new missions. I did every mission in the game in the first weekend so I'm not exactly gung-ho about grinding my way to 50.
Ras, Human Priest of Ner'zhul, retired

Ghen
Bilge Water
Bilge Water

Postby Ghen » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:34 pm

I'm more than happy to partner up with forces who are having a hard time levelling because player x isn't letting you tag significantly or being a bozo and making you heal.

Ghen's my name, and Universe 15 is where I game. I'm on pretty sporadically, but I'd love to get a little bit of a dedicated group going. Neu has some awesome maps and levels that no one does if anyone is interested.

ShadowDrgn
Buccaneer
Buccaneer

Postby ShadowDrgn » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:22 am

I took the plunge and did some A rank De Ragan runs with randoms for a few hours. Despite the fact that seemingly everyone in the 30s and 40s is using 4 star weapons with no grinding (and armor with no units equipped), everything went relatively smooth and I had a good time. I went from 30->31 and force 6->7 extremely fast, although I mostly got shafted on random loot.

Today's Japanese patch added the rest of the spells and lots of other new shit. Maybe we'll see it in 2 months.

ShadowDrgn
Buccaneer
Buccaneer

Postby ShadowDrgn » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:15 pm

Level 35. Soloed De Ragan A in 45 minutes (no deaths) and Onma B in like 2 hours (was watching football at the same time, S-rank, thanks scape doll). Still having good luck with randoms, even though they're all terrible.

Sega promised two 'updates' in the next 30 days, but that probably isn't going to save PSU from having the worst retention rate of any online game ever.

Munki
Custom Rank: Alouette, gentille Alouette

Postby Munki » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:46 pm

I got FFXII in the mail from Gamefly so I doubt I play much PSU this week. Couple that with the Wii coming out on the 19th and I see myself being away from PSU for a good 2-3 weeks. Which is too bad, I really did want to get level 10 Hunter so that whenever the content patch hit, I'd be able to check out Fortehunter or whatever it's called.
Space for Rent

ShadowDrgn
Buccaneer
Buccaneer

Postby ShadowDrgn » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:04 am

The expert types won't be in the first update (if it follows the Japanese schedule) so you're probably safe until mid-December.

Kyecsrai
Quartermaster
Quartermaster
Custom Rank: Hooters gonna hoot.
Games: Your mom.

Postby Kyecsrai » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:01 am

Nov 17 update confirmed.

We should see the expert classes another 2 weeks after that.
Better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not.

Kyecsrai
Quartermaster
Quartermaster
Custom Rank: Hooters gonna hoot.
Games: Your mom.

Postby Kyecsrai » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:38 pm

Update on Dec 8th. Updates on a weekly basis afterwards.

About fucking time.
Better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not.

ShadowDrgn
Buccaneer
Buccaneer

Postby ShadowDrgn » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:08 pm

Because the lack of updates was really keeping you from playing! ;)

ShadowDrgn
Buccaneer
Buccaneer

Postby ShadowDrgn » Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:01 pm

New patch is in, for what it's worth. New stuff to play around with at least, but the players are still retarded.

Return to “Phantasy Star Online & Universe”