Help with Swords

General Phantasy Star Chat, Rants and the Kitchen Sink
Munki
Custom Rank: Alouette, gentille Alouette

Help with Swords

Postby Munki » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:33 pm

I'm lookin at you Abens...

I really like the Swords type weapons in PSO... I always have. I'm so far a little underwhelmed by their ability in PSU though. I know Nadir has used Swords for a while, so I'm hoping you have some advice on their use.

Maybe they just suck for soloing, I'm not sure. But I always end up sucking down a hit or two when I attack with it, due to it's incredibly slow attack speed. On top of that, the Photon Art seems to kind of suck. The 360 attack is nice, but it's startup speed (it takes forever to start the swing) plus it's deceptively shorter range (I swear to god, that thing looks like it hits further than it actually does) makes it difficult to use in normal situations.

Just looking for some advice, as I'd really like to use the Swords more often. As it stands, I find Daggers more usefull atm. Fast good speed on one target, and a PA that handles all your multi target needs :)
Space for Rent

PopnFresh
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Whatever Damon is, plus one.

Postby PopnFresh » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:21 pm

Just going off initial impressions, I'm pretty sure I do like swords - even with their seemingly guaranteed opposition hit against you - more than partisans or whatever. The halbred weapons attacking in a straight line does add an interesting "kite my enemies in a way that I can sttack a bunch of them" element, but I'd much rather forego that step and just swing horizontally.

Opinion only based on a few hours of play! So feel free to flame me if the straight line weapons are way better for some reason.
Poppin' up fresh, every time!
"Classic Wedge"

Jae
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Jae » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:51 pm

I used to be a sword whore in PSO and lived by it. PSU is different. You simply can't lasso the mobs together for good sword swings like we used to in PSO. I've already written them off as "sucking in solo". Daggers and Twin Sabers FTMFW.

Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Your Admin
Games: World of Warcraft
Guild: Broken Circle

Postby Lightfeather » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:16 pm

Fireball anyone? <3
ImageImage

Ghen
Bilge Water
Bilge Water

Postby Ghen » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:04 am

Yea, I'm not too fond of swords in this game myself. They are not the uberness they were in PSO. I used to whore those suckers too. I've dabbled with the Spears a lot and they seem to be better for multi hit weapons. Currently I'm planning on going Fighgunner after the update. S Rank Double Sabers and Twin Sabers seem really good to me right now. The Photon arts for both of them are really good.

Return to “Phantasy Star Online & Universe”