Anyone else find it strange

General Phantasy Star Chat, Rants and the Kitchen Sink
Jae
Brew Master
Brew Master

Anyone else find it strange

Postby Jae » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:22 am

... that this forum is at the top of the boards? It's just so alien to me. :lol:

Phat.Stack
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Master of the Psychic Dragon Punch

Postby Phat.Stack » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:24 am

It's not just you

Tamayo
Captain
Captain

Postby Tamayo » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:26 am

ZOMG HOUSE OF GROG IS HOUSE OF HAXXORED
"Critics who treat adult as a term of approval cannot be adult themselves. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Jae
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Jae » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:30 am

Phat.Stack wrote:It's not just you

WHEREZ MAH GHEYLD WARZ FORUMZ?

Nightfall fucking rocks my penis off BTW. Right into your anus.

Phat.Stack
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Master of the Psychic Dragon Punch

Postby Phat.Stack » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:34 am

I heard Munks say you were splooging all over the "Hero Battles" or whatever the fuck that means.

WATCH OUT!!! REALLY TIGHT PANTS AND BARE CHESTED MAN MIGHT BECOME A SUPER DUO!!

So, whats so great about Nightpoo?

PopnFresh
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Whatever Damon is, plus one.

Postby PopnFresh » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:42 am

Phat.Stack wrote:I heard Munks say you were splooging all over the "Hero Battles" or whatever the fuck that means.

WATCH OUT!!! REALLY TIGHT PANTS AND BARE CHESTED MAN MIGHT BECOME A SUPER DUO!!

So, whats so great about Nightpoo?

It's another expansion you have to pay full price for!

Wouldn't it be awesome if PSU was $50 but only allowed you to make beastmen and required PSO to play as the other races?

And I think it's appropriate that Grog's first game shoots to the top of the active forums. Now all we need are new :lf: :qt: :len: :arch: :cm: :dal: :sim: chibi graphics!

(At least in preview mode, Sim is on his own line, alienated from the pack. Not intentional, but I like it)

EDIT: Only happened in preview mode :(
Poppin' up fresh, every time!
"Classic Wedge"

Jae
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Jae » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:21 am

Well ok my impressions thus far SINCE I DONT HAVE A GUILD WARZZ FORUM TO TALK TO MYSELF IN.

The story is much more involved in the third installment. Prophecies pve seemed to just be slapped together, Factions was a decent improvement but the difficulty level distracted people from the actual story. Nightfall seems to be a good balance between the two. Engaging story and the difficulty is just right. PLUS THEY MOVE THEIR MOUFS NOW WHEN THEY FUCKING TALK. Golden.

I honestly haven't tried Hero battles. Though I'm kind of anxious to try. Sounds like a lot of fun pvping against someone else and their three heroes.

Heroes fucking rock. You can give them weapons, adjust their stats, change their secondaries, assign them skills to use and even control them directly. Hero AI is downright amazing (grouping purists have already complained that they are overpowered) and I can easily say that the days of "LF 2 monks and ready to go!" are gone. Hell my two monk heroes can easily keep a group up in a large scale battle, though it's kind of a blow to my ego that my necro MM hero is a better MM than I ever was. I haven't tried to do Prophecies end game dungeons or things like AB/GvG with them yet, so I'm not sure if you can take them there.

So far the mission battles are pretty insane. I think this was to offset how damned good the heroes are. No more of that pansy 8 vs 8 shit in missions. Now it's like 8 vs 20, but again with heroes (and an MM) it feels just right. It reminds me of the old hectic CoH battles I used to love.

I guess another improvement is that you have limited control over regular henchmen too. They don't rock the house like heroes, but they aren't half bad now.

There's been other random improvements. Scrolling combat text, visible mob buffs (though they are clumped up and not discernable between mobs unless you know the mob abilities), battle music (zomg aggro!), new weapons, upgrades, runes, customizable attribute/skill/weapon/secondary profiles, blah blah blah.

I could really go on, but it's just easier to read the update.

http://www.guildwars.com/support/gameupdates/

PoopnMaster wrote:Wouldn't it be awesome if PSU was $50 but only allowed you to make beastmen and required PSO to play as the other races?

You mean as opposed to paying $50 (innocent whistle) and only having like four missions playable at launch and waiting for the devs to time release the rest of the locked content you're paying monthly (snicker) for?

I keed, I still lubs mien PSU. Trying to balance PSU and GW is killing me. :D

--------

Oh and one more thing. I GOT MY HALLOWEEN WITCH HAT LAST NIGHT. THAT ALONE JUSTIFIES MY GETTING THE EXPANSION. YUS IT DOES.

PopnFresh
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Whatever Damon is, plus one.

Postby PopnFresh » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:49 am

Jae wrote:
PoopnMaster wrote:Wouldn't it be awesome if PSU was $50 but only allowed you to make beastmen and required PSO to play as the other races?

You mean as opposed to paying $50 (innocent whistle) and only having like four missions playable at launch and waiting for the devs to time release the rest of the locked content you're paying monthly (snicker) for?

I keed, I still lubs mien PSU. Trying to balance PSU and GW is killing me. :D

Actually, I thought about that while typing out my sarcasm towards Guild Wars. I guess a more appropriate analogy would be if Factions and Nightfall included all the classes from Guild Wars in addition to the new ones, but then only added a few actual missions and removed all previous content and had no PVP element. I actually almost typed out something about it being retarded to pay monthly for such a minor update before remembering that GW had no monthly fee whereas PSU did.

But that analogy wouldI've sounded less mean against GW :(

And PSU gives me 15 days free! That's like a bonus! I don't see any free trials with Guild Wars! please disregard that GW can't give a free trial since there's no initial fee
Poppin' up fresh, every time!
"Classic Wedge"

Return to “Phantasy Star Online & Universe”