Ras hates PSU!

General Phantasy Star Chat, Rants and the Kitchen Sink
Jae
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Jae » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:49 pm

Phatty you're just jealous because he didn't send you sweet PMs letting you know where he was going and when he would meet with you.

Phat.Stack
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Master of the Psychic Dragon Punch

Postby Phat.Stack » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:00 pm

Jae wrote:Phatty you're just jealous because he didn't send you sweet PMs letting you know where he was going and when he would meet with you.

/out-ed

Jae
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Jae » Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:55 am

Ras hates PSU but he's still higher level than me and is less of a noob than I am! Thanks for the games and cards last night guys. Running into Osafune was a welcome surprise. Sorry I fell asleep when we all went back to our rooms to craft though. I barely had enough energy to crawl back to the PC and turn it off. :lol:

/edit

Hi!

Phat.Stack
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Phat.Stack » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:43 pm

So, how are keyboard controls?

Or do you all use USB game pads?

PopnFresh
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Whatever Damon is, plus one.

Postby PopnFresh » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:57 pm

Keyboard controls are hilariously terrible.

No mouse control at all. I'm not even sure if there's a way to swing the camera. I'm sure there has to be, but at this point I rely on constantly recentering the camera, which is bound to the Left arrow key. You also hold down the Left arrow while moving left or right to strafe left or right.

WASD movement, which is fine. Arrow key actions, which hurts. The way it works is the Down arrow key is attack, the Right arrow key is your special attack (I forget what they're called, Photon Arts?), and the Up arrow key acts as your distance weapon when you're going simultaneous gun + melee.

That's the main place that the keyboard setup goes from being unnatural to complete failure. Considering you can't hold an attack button down, just consider everything you need to press in order to strafe and shoot your hand gun; A or D for movement, left arrow held down for strafe, up arrow held down for hand gun, and tapping the down arrow to fire.

Yowza!

I didn't see any way to customize the control, but that doesn't mean it can't be done. I played around in options but I'd bet I didn't see all the customization screens the game offers, and I'm going without a manual.
Poppin' up fresh, every time!
"Classic Wedge"

ShadowDrgn
Buccaneer
Buccaneer

Postby ShadowDrgn » Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:05 pm

USB Gamepad is definitely the way to go. Being able to move with one analog stick and swing the camera around with another is practically required. The keyboard is only for chatting, which sucks anyway. The text character-wraps and the game censors 10% of the English language. Being on ventrilo is much better.
Ras, Human Priest of Ner'zhul, retired

Munki
Custom Rank: Alouette, gentille Alouette

Postby Munki » Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:12 pm

Derek the controller mapping is on the launch menu, not the in game menu. When you launch the game, before you select story or network mode, go to options on that screen.
Space for Rent

ShadowDrgn
Buccaneer
Buccaneer

Postby ShadowDrgn » Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:48 pm

Can we get the PSO board resurrected or at least a PSU board made? I think there's enough interest. :p
Ras, Human Priest of Ner'zhul, retired

Munki
Custom Rank: Alouette, gentille Alouette

Postby Munki » Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:56 pm

Well I tried to get people posting in the PSO board instead of here a while ago :) I'll talk to nicole about moving it to the current games section, I don't think she will mind.
Space for Rent

Phat.Stack
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Phat.Stack » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:00 pm

WERE'S MAH GUILD WARZ FORUUM LAWLZ

Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Your Admin
Games: World of Warcraft
Guild: Broken Circle

Postby Lightfeather » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:02 am

ShadowDrgn wrote:Can we get the PSO board resurrected or at least a PSU board made? I think there's enough interest. :p

Your wish is my command...

Ps. Plz make me an uber powerful stick thing that makes my spells rock your socks off.
ImageImage

Firebrand
Grog Swiller
Grog Swiller

Postby Firebrand » Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:10 am

I installed it but I haven't played it yet except to fiddle with the settings.
"War makes thieves, and peace hangs them." -Niccolo Machiavelli, from the "Art of War"

Return to “Phantasy Star Online & Universe”