General Phantasy Star Chat, Rants and the Kitchen Sink
Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Your Admin
Games: World of Warcraft
Guild: Broken Circle

Postby Lightfeather » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:25 pm

Lol damon already returned my copy of PSU and I installed off his CD. I'm still trying to get on playsega.
ImageImage

Kyecsrai
Quartermaster
Quartermaster
Custom Rank: Hooters gonna hoot.
Games: Your mom.

Postby Kyecsrai » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:48 pm

The registration site is down and the authentication server is fuxxored.

Stellar.

Offline mode it is!
Better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not.

Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lightfeather » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:26 pm

So Damon was running around in single player mode and I hear him exclaim, "OH! I can't wait to make my own character! OMG look! A clothing shop!"

He runs his character over to the NPC in the clothing shop and the NPC says, "What are you doing! This is no time for fashion!"

Damon gets pissed and says, "There's ALWAYS time for fashion." In a totally ghey voice. I looked at him, raised and eyebrow and said, "You are so ghey."

And he replied, "They don't call us "Gheymers" for nothing!" /limpwrist

omfg. :popnfresh:
ImageImage

Jae
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Jae » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:27 pm

Man. I really missed the sci-fi setting. Even though Metro Boy Wonder is a HORRIBLE voice actor. :lol:

Karen gets my panties wet.

Who am I kidding. I'd hit anything with anime colored hair and long ears.

Munki
Custom Rank: Alouette, gentille Alouette

Postby Munki » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:53 pm

I haven't been able to get online either sadly.

I'm actually enjoying the single player so far though... it (like Jae said) reminds me of a bad anime VA.

I've been able to create my playsega account but I haven't been able to actually log on to create a PSU account. Oh well hopefully it'll be all sorted out tomorrow or something.

Using a 360 controller to play the game and I'm sad to find that I can't seem to make the controller use the Vibration stuffs. Also I can't really use the analog triggers as the PC recognizes them as a Z-AXIS and I can't assign functions to 'sticks' like that :(

I read somewhere that there is a better driver for the controller though, I'll have to look that up.
Space for Rent

Kyecsrai
Quartermaster
Quartermaster

Postby Kyecsrai » Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:27 am

I got to like step 2 before the site crapped out on me again. Oh well, try again in the morning.

Jae
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Jae » Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:18 am

Munki wrote:Using a 360 controller to play the game and I'm sad to find that I can't seem to make the controller use the Vibration stuffs. Also I can't really use the analog triggers as the PC recognizes them as a Z-AXIS and I can't assign functions to 'sticks' like that :(

I read somewhere that there is a better driver for the controller though, I'll have to look that up.

Try this. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XBCD

Quick impressions of single player:

They finally made twin sabers useful! Partisan seems to have gained some ATP but reduced range, which makes me sad. Daggers rock as always and I suck mad balls at sword now.

All in all, I'm enjoying the single player. I feel like I'm playing through an anime, albeit with bad voice acting from the main character. Character development is good so far and the storyline seems like it has potential. I'm in chapter 3 and I've probably spent as much time reading and watching cutscenes as I have fighting.

So far, so good. Kinda wish I didn't have to work in the morning.

Munki

Postby Munki » Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:27 am

Yea I just started Chapter 3. I love Daggers, I love the Sword (of course I always was a whore for Swords).

Nicole and I were both able to make accounts (tried right before I am going to bed lol) but the servers are down. I guess there is a patch to download tomorrow or something.

The game seems solid so far. I like that your special attacks level up now.
Space for Rent

Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lightfeather » Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:28 am

Finally got my online account but can't connect to the network. It appears that their servers are getting nailed like a five dolla' ho.
ImageImage

Kyecsrai
Quartermaster
Quartermaster

Postby Kyecsrai » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:14 am

Got online and just took Nadir through the tutorial. :D

Oh man, <3 daggers. I had them in the Xbawks beta and I can't wait to turn my Caseal into a spinning purple tornado of death again.

Tamayo
Captain
Captain

Postby Tamayo » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:46 am

Hmm, so is this something where the single player would be worth buying it for, or would I be best off waiting for a price drop?

"No, I can make it another big" <-- roflrofl
"Critics who treat adult as a term of approval cannot be adult themselves. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Jae
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Jae » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:03 am

I'm actually really enjoying the single player right now. I'll let you know as I get further if it's worth buying, at least for PC.

On the other hand, there's no CD key or authentication right now. So you don't exactly have to buy it right now if you're into that sort of thing. This may change with upcoming patches since the game requires you to be connected to the net to even play offline, but I honestly don't know how they could fix that blunder.

But I will say this. This sci-fi and Phantasy Star nerd is quite content with his purchase. :)

Tamayo
Captain
Captain

Postby Tamayo » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:48 am

I would play it multiplayer, but I can't really justify paying a monthly fee for a game that technically isn't an MMO, plus I don't like the idea of paying for 2 games at the same time.

"Critics who treat adult as a term of approval cannot be adult themselves. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

ShadowDrgn
Buccaneer
Buccaneer

Postby ShadowDrgn » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:52 pm

I suppose there's no free month trial considering the cd key issue? I'm currently in the process of acquiring this, and I certainly don't mind paying $10 to play it with you guys.

Edit: $10 for 45 days thanks to the "bonus" 15. Not bad.
Ras, Human Priest of Ner'zhul, retired

ShadowDrgn
Buccaneer
Buccaneer

Postby ShadowDrgn » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:55 pm

Ok, got through Chapter 1.

Interface improvements! It's incredibly easy to switch weapons and use items now, which was one of the worst aspects of PSO. I'm glad to see that, though not too impressed by the melee combat yet, and if I can't invert the y-axis on the gun aiming, I don't see myself using them much. Story isn't bad for an intro, but the character development is anemic.

Phat.Stack
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Master of the Psychic Dragon Punch

Postby Phat.Stack » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:49 am

ShadowDrgn wrote:Ok, got through Chapter 1.

Interface improvements! It's incredibly easy to switch weapons and use items now, which was one of the worst aspects of PSO. I'm glad to see that, though not too impressed by the melee combat yet, and if I can't invert the y-axis on the gun aiming, I don't see myself using them much. Story isn't bad for an intro, but the character development is anemic.

READ THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD!!

Well, keep me up to date when the online aspect is up and running.

Im a sucker for playing games with friends. Even if they do suck as hard as PSU

oh mang, I went there

Jae
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Jae » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:27 am

This is coming from the guy who was the last of us to quit playing PSO Episode 3. :lol:

I am a little disheartened by the complete seperation of online and offline modes though. I was hoping that when I unlocked Extra Mode offline, which allows you to play offline with your own made character, that you would be able to take that character online. This is not the case. I guess I will make online my main mode afterall.

Regardless. Wartecher in the making here. It's probably closest thing I can get to my old HUnewearl. S-rank dagger capability with level 20 techs FTMFW. I'm anxious to dig into the Expert Classes and start toying with MAG... er Partner Machines.

BTW online mode is ghey. That's only because I'm stuck with Munki all the time and can't show off what a social butterfly I am. He's seems to want to revert back to password protected games and I remember hating him for that back in PSO. T_T It was good seeing some of you guys again though. I also got to hear the newest Grogger grunt into the mic!

ShadowDrgn
Buccaneer
Buccaneer

Postby ShadowDrgn » Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:15 pm

I already had a playsega account, but haven't typed in my CC info to activate the online game yet. Hopefully you guys aren't all level 10 already. :)

Munki

Postby Munki » Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:18 pm

I guess I wouldn't mind playing with randumbs, but it just seems silly to have that one guy join us for the easiest mission (which the 3 of us were plowing through with teh easy). That and his first 'act' when joining the game was to run around and grab all the loot while we were fighting. ^_^

I read something this morning that I think is completely retarded. I guess the game has been out in japan for a while now and they have already recieved a content update or two.

Sega, in their infinite wisdom, has apparently stated that we will recieve updates on the same 'timeline' as the japanese... so if a content update came out about 1 month after release for them, it will come out 1 month after the US release for us.

So in other words, apparently even though the update is good to go, we gotta wait a month to get it.
Space for Rent

Jae
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Jae » Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:24 pm

Didn't they pull that dumbass move in GCN PSO too?

I only complain about PW locks because I long to meet Ichigo once again. As do you. Search your heart, you know it to be true.

And no Ras. For the most part we're all slow levelers for our own various reasons. Except for Kyecsrai. He's a fucking maniac no matter what game he plays.

ShadowDrgn
Buccaneer
Buccaneer

Postby ShadowDrgn » Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:48 pm

Sounds good. I've got my account activated, but no idea what character I want to play.

Munki

Postby Munki » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:33 pm

Oh how annoying. Turns out some of the 'higher end' weapon types aren't even in the game yet... they are 'future content' to be added. Even though we have a spot on our character that says "You can use Axes!" even though there are supposedly NONE in the game now.

Ugh. I'm really unhappy about their decesions regarding content releases. Oh wellz.
Space for Rent

Jae
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Jae » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:13 pm

What are you worried about high end stuff for? You're one of the busiest guys I know, now with full on daddy duties to boot.

I logged onto my old PSOW account and found that I had a PM. An old friend of ours is coming back for PSU and wants to hook up again. Want to guess who? :shock:

I went through my inbox to send PMs to others that were good to play with and I found some of your messages. God you were such a gay ass typer back then. Would you believe it's been almost 4 years since we had our first date in the Ragol forest?

/edit

Munki checking in with his online girlfriend Len wrote:Off to go run errands... I'll probably not be back before you get off work... So I'll talk to you tonite on PSO.

OooK!

He actually had to tell me he was going to run errands. What a sweetie. :ktouched:

Munki

Postby Munki » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:24 pm

*blush*

I'll slay you bastard.

I guess I'm not super worried about high end content, I just wanted to use axes :( and they don't have em yet.

And actually I have a lot more time to play during the day than I thought I would. My HUcaseal is almost level 10 biatch!
Space for Rent

Phat.Stack
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Master of the Psychic Dragon Punch

Postby Phat.Stack » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:25 pm

How about you guys stick to gheying up the PSO forum, eh?

UNNECESSARILY OFFENSIVE ATTITUDE ATTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!

Return to “Phantasy Star Online & Universe”