Phat.Stack
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Master of the Psychic Dragon Punch

Leaving the game

Postby Phat.Stack » Tue May 04, 2004 10:55 am

Hello hello

Well since Jae brought it up, I just wanted to start a short topic

I am no longer playing PSO3. My character reached lvl 83 and I had not yet gotten any (but 1) of the rare cards that I needed to make the Arkz side deck I wanted to.

I enjoyed my Gykild deck, but it wasnt enough fun for me to continue.

I am now playing Onimusha 3 and waiting patiently for WoW, for which I will be buying a new Alienware computer (my laptop is a few years old now and just cant handle the graphics).

I will of course continue to post on what ever boards/topics I find interesting so dont worry you'll see my posts randomly. Fyi Im following CoH very closely, and Im getting daily updates from Munki about how everyone is doing.

Jae
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Jae » Tue May 04, 2004 11:01 am

Well Phat it's good that you're going to stick around and not be a board h8r like so many that have come and gone. Be careful around Munki and his CoH propoganda. I wouldn't be playing (and addicted) today if he had not bombarded me with screenshots and gameplay mechanics discussions. :lol:

*edit*

Welcome to the PSO graveyard. Save me a seat, I'll probably need it very soon.

Phat.Stack
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Phat.Stack » Tue May 04, 2004 11:12 am

Heh... Munki and I have a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG history of convincing each other to buy/play games.

The amount of money we have spent on each other's "suggestions" is almost incalculable.

I, however, will not be playing CoH. No matter how many times Munki says "but you would really like the game"

Sorry, Munki but my German Propaganda Machine is much stronger than your German Propaganda Machine.

:D

I do enjoy hearing about the game, reading the posts and seeing the screen shots, so everyone keep posting!

Jae
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Jae » Tue May 04, 2004 11:15 am

Haha we'll get you in the end. I admit I was slightly skeptical when I first heard about it. In fact I pretty much threw the idea out when my friend joined beta and told me about it. Now that I'm playing it, I kick myself for even thinking I would never touch the game.

YOU WILL PLAY COH I PROMISE YEW.

Sim
Post Whore
Post Whore
Custom Rank: Lost In Translation

Postby Sim » Tue May 04, 2004 11:27 am

P.S do NOT buy Alienware, they are way way overpriced for the preformance you get out of them. Trust me I had one, I am much happier now with my custome built machine from a local store then I ever was with the Alienware.

With AW all you are doing is paying mege bucks for the name, you get everything you would want from them for alot less.

Phat.Stack
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Phat.Stack » Tue May 04, 2004 11:55 am

Interesting, Sim

All I've been hearing about AW is to the contrary.

Well, the main problem is that I am in no way competent enough to build my own PC from scratch, as I know that is the cheapest alternative.

So my only recourse is to buy a pre-constructed PC from Dell or AW, and AW ended up cheaper than Dell for the specs I wanted. After a year or two I will start upgrading the computer to keep it on par with any game Id want to play.

So! If you know any other companies where I could get a cheaper pre-built system, please let me know!

Thanks

Sim
Post Whore
Post Whore
Custom Rank: Lost In Translation

Postby Sim » Tue May 04, 2004 12:26 pm

Let me do some looking for some other places. But my experince with AW and a friends has left us very bitter.

Sure they sell top end boxes but are you willing to pay that much for a computer and have to wait over a month if not longer for it?

Plus there so called good customer service sucks ass.

Munki
Custom Rank: Alouette, gentille Alouette

Postby Munki » Tue May 04, 2004 1:53 pm

I just wanted to add that thanks to Phatty I bought a Neo Geo Pocket Color and CvS Card Clash. Fun game, but the damn system freakin died and there was no software support in the us. SO to this day that is the only game I have for it ><

Feather was hella pissed that he got me so hooked on that game/system at the time.

However to be fair, I convinced him to buy the PS1 when it came out. From what I recall, that didn't go over too well with his GF of the time. His one saving grace this time is lack of hardware I think. It would be sweet to finally triumph by making him buy a 2000 dollar computer to play this game with me, but his willpower is strong when there are that many zero's (and I bet his woman would castrate him as well if he did that on the drop of a hat ^^)
Space for Rent

Phat.Stack
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Phat.Stack » Tue May 04, 2004 2:45 pm

Oh dont even try the "your woman would castrate you" ploy. Im not playin CoH.

Ive already spoken with her about buying the $2000 computer and she's down with it. I just dont need the computer till WoW comes out, so Im waiting to buy one till later. I do seem to recall YOU were the one who's "woman would castrate him" if you tried to buy an AW PC. :)

Oh, and Sim, any companies that you can recommend would be appreciated. AW currently has a 7 day system shipping policy... so Im not sure how long ago one of your friends bought AW, but it sounds like they are much faster assembling and shipping now.

In addition, since I recently price checked vs Dell (the king of generic cheapness) it sounds like AW's rates might be pretty competative now. Maybe they just sold enough custom PCs to grow their business (and cut cost/shipping time, etc.)

Anyway, lemme know if you hear anything else about AW or any other pre-construct PC companies that I should check out. Thank you!

:2gunfire: Munki

PopnFresh
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Whatever Damon is, plus one.

Postby PopnFresh » Tue May 04, 2004 8:47 pm

I gotta say, I bought an Alienware a little over three years ago and was actually very happy. I definetely paid extra, but the system lasted a LONG time without needing any upgrades to keep stuff running. I'd build my next computer just for price reasons, but would never hesitate to recommend AW to someone looking for a custom built (not by them) PC.
Poppin' up fresh, every time!
"Classic Wedge"

Return to “Phantasy Star Online & Universe”