General Phantasy Star Chat, Rants and the Kitchen Sink
Phat.Stack
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Master of the Psychic Dragon Punch

Card changes

Postby Phat.Stack » Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:54 am

Hi all,

Well, after losing yet another tournament because I used a card and the effect was different than its printed rules, I thought I would create this topic to post card changes you've discovered

The two I found are:

Virus - I used it, and instead of doing 4 damage to all things that cost 3 or less, it did 2 damage to everything (I think even my SC, but Im not sure on that one)

Tornado - Instead of Minor Slayer, this did 6 damage to all equip on the board

Both times I lost tourneys due to this card because it destroyed my equip when it shouldnt have (with Virus, I had a Savitri at 2 HP, with Tornado I had both a Kadalblog at 6 HP and a Savitri at 4) and both times after my equ was wiped, the opponent finished me off with direct attacks against my SC (I had defence cards to protect my Action Disruptor equ).

This stuff really steamed me since I cant trust the cards I put into my deck.

If anyone has found any other cards that have different stats/effects/costs than those that are printed on it, please post here!

Sim
Post Whore
Post Whore
Custom Rank: Lost In Translation

Postby Sim » Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:06 am

It's not that they have changed per say it's more that they were translated bad. And there are many cards that have that problem. After I wake up more I will post the ones I have found that are better / worse due to sega being morons.

Jae
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Jae » Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:36 pm

Just a note, card changes are in fact reflected on the cards... ON THE JAPANESE LANGUAGE SETTING. :lol: Sonic Team is notorious for giving US players the shaft.

Click HERE for some older changes. I'm not sure if any changes have been done since then. And Sim is right too. Sonic Team's translators should be fired.

Phat.Stack
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Phat.Stack » Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:44 am

I love how they say "The rules for Explosion have changed"

But then they dont say how they changed :lol:

Yes, the translators must be shot.

Anyone who converts "Block all damage against a gun item" (how the rules SHOULD have read for GN Guard) to "Block all damage from a gun attack" should be shot.

Also... can those Guards be used to block a SC from attack? I swear I attacked a SC and he blocked with a SW Guard and took no damage.

Phat.Stack
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Phat.Stack » Mon Apr 19, 2004 1:21 pm

Oh and another card

Flatlands

Says 0 cost summoning. Wrong.

Tried to lay down a 7 cost creature after I placed a Flatlands in a test battle. No deal.

Since it has a picture of a Rappy on the front... maybe its a 0 cost summoning for low-cost creatures (3 or less)?

I was so disgusted by the card that I didnt test this theory. Instead I just deleted the deck. 0 cost summoning - what the heck were the translators thinking?!?!?

MustI've been the drugs... lots of drugs. Either that or maybe it was a group of guys who lied about knowing English to save their jobs?

Sim
Post Whore
Post Whore
Custom Rank: Lost In Translation

Postby Sim » Mon Apr 19, 2004 1:26 pm

Bah another post I have to respond to :P

Flatlands should say : You can place the creature anywhere you want.

So it is still a great card just not as great as it claims.

Jae
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Jae » Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:39 pm

Phat.Stack wrote:Also... can those Guards be used to block a SC from attack? I swear I attacked a SC and he blocked with a SW Guard and took no damage.

If you used a sword to attack, then yes SW Guard can be used to block you. Not only does it PROTECT your swords, but it protects AGAINST swords as well. Yes. Shoot the translators. Then bury their remains in a landfill.

Return to “Phantasy Star Online & Universe”