Magic Coming Back

Got a cool deck? Some nifty combos? Share em here!
Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Grand Wizard

Magic Coming Back

Postby Marcallo » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:09 pm

Man is magic making a comeback or something? I've been hanging out at the local gaming shop at least 3X a week for years and I've not noticed NEARLY as much interest in magic as I'm seeing the last few days. My buddy told me he sold out on Guild Pact, Assension and Core Set this week. And that like NEVER happens.

I'm considering getting back into it just so I can play with them. Not sure I want to though with the expense associated with it. I would basically need to either buy a box of core set and then a bunch of the new sets or start farming Ebay.

Only reason I'm even considering it is because all the older guys are playing again.
Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I'll look down, and whisper "no."

Ghen
Bilge Water
Bilge Water

Postby Ghen » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:51 am

The new sets have been the best stuff that's been designed in years. Ravnica Block, and now Time Spiral have good cards and not one of the current deck archtypes seems dominant. You can even go rogue and depending upon your local meta game, do very well. It's an exciting time to be playing Magic again.

Daltos
Captain
Captain
Custom Rank: Phat.Stack Sucks The Peen

Postby Daltos » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:00 pm

Not to mention the Time Spiral book is awesome (go out and buy it)

Jase
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Custom Rank: Future Goblin

Postby Jase » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:27 pm

I've been thinking about getting back into M:TG for some time now. I miss the competitive nature and the social aspects of the game. I think that's one of the things that WoW and online games in general is missing for me. Sure WoW is a MMO and I do play with other players but I don't feel like I get the same level of social connectivity from it.
-Jase out

:arch: Archangel lvl 143

Return to “Trading Card Games”