boredom and magic

Got a cool deck? Some nifty combos? Share em here!
Atomic
Captain
Captain

boredom and magic

Postby Atomic » Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:17 pm

I want to play magic with someone... and i'm tired of playing with my friends against/with the same decks that I already have pretty well memorized... and I only get to do that once a week anymore too...

I say all us magic-players get together somewhere someday and have a mini-tourny. Maybe I can convince my friends to come. (Not likely, theyI've got enough school to deal with, theres no way they could make any more time...) I need something to do and someone to meet. (Meeting people is fun. sometimes.)

how many people here play magic, anyway?
"When the fuck did we get ice cream?"

Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Your Admin
Games: World of Warcraft
Guild: Broken Circle

Postby Lightfeather » Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:58 pm

You would so own my decks. Except for my cheesy white weenie bird deck. I might get you with that one only because of the sheer speed of the deck.
ImageImage

Atomic
Captain
Captain

Postby Atomic » Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:39 pm

Speed is good, a lot of our decks are mid to late game decks, esp. one of my personal favorites, a blue-black card advantage deck. Early game decks wipe the floor with it. but anything that lets it live past about turn 6 or 7 will have a much harder time, and if it can make it to turn 15+, well, lets just say you're in trouble.

It's not really that special of a deck. just standard blue card drawing cards, and black discard cards. There's a Megrim in there, to add a bit more bite to the discard, but it's main resource is it's own massive card drawing. Spellbook lets it keep its cards, and an Empyral Plate just makes for bloody huge creatures. It's also got creature destruction in several forms, to clear the path for said massive beatstick. If it doesn't manage to kill you by the time it would have milled itself, it can recover it's graveyard up to 3 times. It's also got Ambassador Luquotis (sp?) in case straight damage isn't doing the trick... All in all, it's pretty vicious. Once it gets going it can be really hard to stop, and it's card-drawing abilities let it gain momentum and get it's pieces pretty easily (although expensively...)
"When the fuck did we get ice cream?"

Tiamath
Midshipman
Midshipman
Custom Rank: Satan's Younger, Hotter Brother

Postby Tiamath » Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:55 pm

Muh, I played the MTG Online for awhile, that was good stuff. I could never find people to play with around, so I just got the online thinger.
GNARLY BRA?!!

Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Your Admin
Games: World of Warcraft
Guild: Broken Circle

Postby Lightfeather » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:37 pm

Yea I have three online decks as well... user name lightfeather. of course. =) so pop me on your friends list if you get online and we can meet up online and play.
ImageImage

Return to “Trading Card Games”