Great combo fun

Got a cool deck? Some nifty combos? Share em here!
Atomic
Captain
Captain

Great combo fun

Postby Atomic » Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:50 pm

My friends spotted this. We built a deck around it. Still havn't actually gotten the combo out, but the deck does very well even so.

Sliver Queen + Mana Echoes.

if you don't understand, Sliver Queen pumps out 1/1 Sliver tokens for 2 mana each. (No tap required.) Mana Echoes says that every time a creature comes into play, you may add colorless mana to your mana pool equal to the number of creatures in play that share a creature type with it. Together it may as well read "3: Add any amount of colorless mana to your mana pool. Put any number of 1/1 Sliver creature tokens into play."

This alone is insane and may easily lead to victory quickly (if not instantly, as your opponent resigns in dispair). Throw in a few other slivers -- Acidic Sliver is one of my favorites because it's an instant victory about 99% of the time, Vicutal Sliver also works well for infinite life -- and you basically are unstoppable.

Our deck also uses Tooth and Nail, and Sliver Overlord, to get the Sliver Queen (and other creatures). The only difficult part of the combo is getting the Mana Echoes. If only I had 3 more...
"When the fuck did we get ice cream?"

Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Grand Wizard

Postby Marcallo » Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:10 pm

Hmmm, I'm gonna have to show that to my friend whose like a level 3 judge and ask him what he thinks of it. Sounds like it could work to me. Pretty cool.
Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I'll look down, and whisper "no."

Atomic
Captain
Captain

Postby Atomic » Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:46 pm

Another nice combo is Words of Woship (2W Enchantment; 1: The next time you would draw a card, you gain 5 life instead) with Well of Lost Dreams (4 Artifact; Whenever you gain life, you may pay X, where X is less than or equal to the amount of life gained. If you do, draw X cards.) You can get a lot of life and a lot of cards this way, and get whatever other nice combo you want to pull to actually win...
"When the fuck did we get ice cream?"

Return to “Trading Card Games”