Magic WorkStation

Got a cool deck? Some nifty combos? Share em here!
Terion
Drunken Pirate
Drunken Pirate
Custom Rank: Lurker

Magic WorkStation

Postby Terion » Sat May 08, 2004 9:09 pm

http://www.magicworkstation.com/

I have been using this for a few weeks now and it is a great program. It has every magic card ever printed with errata and flavor text. It has a deck builder and best of all....

Free Online Play!

So you can build decks with any cards ever printed and then play them against other people and it is really easy to use. Just launch MWS to build your deck and use the MWS Online Play icon (created on the desktop when MWS is installed) to get to the online lobby.

There is one very minor drawback, the artwork for the cards has to be downloaded seperatly. All the card artwork can be downloaded here:

http://www.mwsdata.com

And adding it in is simply a matter of downloading a zip file and then unziping it to the right spot. I can't remember exactly where they go, but if you look at the MWS folder in explorer it is very easy to figure out.

Anyway, as a long time MTG player I highly recommend checking out this program. It is shareware so checking it out is free and I don't know any Magic player who has tried MWS who hasn't been more than willing to pay the registration fee (which you don't have to pay because all the features iI've mentioned are included as shareware).

Falcon
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

MWS assistant

Postby Falcon » Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:41 pm

MWS assistant is a program you can DL with workstation and it will DL all of the pictures for you, although some of the sets listed are not available (the weird ones) and it will just give you an error when you try to download them, just uncheck the box of the set your stuck on and it will keep going, making all of the proper directories and everything.

MWS is awesome, I had to register it.

Atomic
Captain
Captain

Postby Atomic » Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:00 pm

So I've been tinkering with this. It's cool, great idea, but it works like a POS and has no documentation to tell you "Hey, if you want to do this, try this."

I tried to play online, and all I got for trying to connect to the chat server was an error every time I tried to do anything. Even quit. Yeah, I couldn't quit. Had to kill the process to get rid of it. I click "Close" it says "Error 10054 Socket not connected." or some such... Ah well... maybe if I can get someone who'll play I can try just connecting to them via IP...
"When the fuck did we get ice cream?"

Return to “Trading Card Games”