I'm In

Got a cool deck? Some nifty combos? Share em here!
Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Grand Wizard

I'm In

Postby Marcallo » Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:21 pm

So they finally got the freaking sign up server working and I went and spent like 20 bucks, 10 for the starter set and another 10 for a themed red deck. Which was stupid because it wasn't a full 60 but I used it anyway and managed to design a Red/spash of green deck that seems to work decently enough in the Newbie rooms. I'm sure I'll probably spend another 15 or 20 dollars to get a deck togther that I like. However I now remember how much fun this game was when I was younger. I seriously spent a ton of time just in the training room playing with their pre-made decks and had a blast. I think I Lost 2 times out of the 18 games I played. NOt bad for someone that hasn't played in 7 years.

Oh yeah, if anyone has any artifact cards they want to trade let me know. :) I want that Death Scimitar I can't quite remember the name of it now, but it's +2/+2 and I think Uncommon.
Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I'll look down, and whisper "no."

Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Your Admin
Games: World of Warcraft
Guild: Broken Circle

Postby Lightfeather » Fri Apr 09, 2004 11:04 pm

Is your user name marcallo in there?
ImageImage

Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Marcallo » Sat Apr 10, 2004 4:38 am

Actually, Yes. :)
Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Marcallo » Sun Apr 11, 2004 8:47 pm

I feel like such a nerd, but for a 35 dollar investment I am having SOOO Much fun. I bought 10 tickets ontop of my original stuff and went to the trade rooms and got like a TON of cards for 3 of them. Then some dude I beat up who was testing low level decks gave me some stuff for free.

So as it stands I now have a pretty speedy goblin deck for under 35 bucks that will hurt almost anyone in the "Commoner" rooms. Meaning so long as they don't use a 200 dollar deck I can easily hold my own.

So yeah, umm, Hi my name is Marcallo, and I'm an uber nerd......

Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lightfeather » Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:53 am

lol It's ok marc. I'm right there with you. I love MTGO because there is always someone there to play with. =) And it's easy to keep track of all my cards too =)

I need to update my online deck to match the changes in my real deck though. I need a couple of skull clamps. =)
ImageImage

Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Marcallo » Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:37 pm

See now I won't play in real life cause I feel like a dirty old man at the hobby stores. However I guess it's easier cause your a girl, AND your hotness probably distracts all the opponents so that you take the win much easier. :) You ever think of taking up poker actually? LOL

Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lightfeather » Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:51 pm

hotness pfft. I always feel uncomfortable in comic shops. I feel like everyone is looking at my boobs so I can't concentrate on my game. All I can think is, "OMFG that 12 year old is staring at my tits again! *dies*" then, while continuing to talk to my boobs he will kill me with like 200 points of direct damage.

I don't play in comic shops anymore because when I DO win the boys get prickly. If I stop in for a sec, play a quick game and win win I usually just scoop up my cards and leave right after because then they have a vendetta against me. /sigh

I suck at poker because I can't keep a straight face and I show other players my cards to ask if I have anything good.
ImageImage

Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Marcallo » Mon Apr 12, 2004 4:08 pm

I suck at poker because I can't keep a straight face and I show other players my cards to ask if I have anything good.

Wow, I'll play in your game ANYTIME....... LOL

And if I were a chick I'd SOOOO be like "Here boys look at my tits" and distract them as much as humanly possible. I've seen really hot chicks CLEAN UP in Vegas Poker rooms because the guys at the table underestimated them or were plain distracted. I make it a point that if there is a chick at the table to check my psychology on every hand she's in to make sure I'm not fucking up simply cause her tits are there.

Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lightfeather » Mon Apr 12, 2004 4:32 pm

I guess I am too self-conscious to use myself as bait in a gaming situation =)
ImageImage

Return to “Trading Card Games”