MTG:Online question

Got a cool deck? Some nifty combos? Share em here!
Munki
Custom Rank: Alouette, gentille Alouette

Postby Munki » Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:10 pm

Blah blah blah. I hate you all :P

I finish games. I do agree that many games just aren't as good anymore. As intimate as I am with the industry, too many games rely on a weak gimmick / hook to pull you in, and then once that gimmick becomes old you realize "Holy crap, this game is no fun". That was how I felt about Max Payne... once you got over the bullet time, you realized that the game wasn't that fun (at least for me).

And I definately don't have the free time I once did so there :P Your crazy if you think I do. Getting home at 7ish and sleepin at 12ish does NOT = 3-3 gaming (and that was WEEKDAYS... weekends were far worse).

I'm just having to be more selective about games these days. Why should I trudge and force my way through something that isn't fun? I try many games becuase I am still a huge fan, but that doesn't mean that all the games I try live up to their potential of being fun. You seem to forget too that I play games all day at work to boot.

I will continue to try out games, and if they aren't fun/aren't worth finishing, then I won't FORCE myself to play it. Nuff said bout that.

As for iRO, my main problem is that it seems... eh I dunno. The combat seems to be kinda week, no cool things to mix it up with like Skill Chains or so forth. The mob AI isn't that good, there isn't a good system for Hate in the game. I haven't stopped it yet, because I love the world/graphics, but I am also not head over heels in love with the gameplay yet.

And I don't wanna just give up in FF:CC...I just seemingly got distracted. I'll finish the game if you still want to.
Space for Rent

Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Your Admin
Games: World of Warcraft
Guild: Broken Circle

Postby Lightfeather » Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:15 pm

Of COURSE I still want to. It's just hard to pull you away to play it because there is always something you'd rather be doing. And there's nothing wrong with that. It just leaves me hanging so the next time 'an uber cool multiplayer game' comes out you'll just have to find some other sucker to play it with =)

I am going to finish this game because I still like doing spell combos and I want to see what the rest of the bosses look like and what happens at the END of the game because it's looking like someone is discovering a way to get rid of the miasma. I want to find out if they have to live by the crystals for EVER or if it will end up like Naussica... or did you forget the story line already =) Remember.... the black knight? Something got him! And there's still SOMETHING out there eating memories. I have like 52 memories! I don't want something to start eating my memories. I want to FIND OUT!.
ImageImage

Munki

Postby Munki » Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:20 pm

Meh.

My awesome contribution to continue on this thread
Space for Rent

Jae
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Jae » Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:38 pm

Bah. As much as I hate myself for doing this... a convo regarding unfinished games, while I was desperately trying to attack teh Munkeh for his gaming habits. (Abridged to save you from boredom.)

MunkiBall: if I recall...
MunkiBall: JOO even put SOA down for a GOOD amount of time
MunkiBall: before you revisited it
jae2924: so?
jae2924: but I FINISHED IT
jae2924: WHAT GAME CAN YU0 SAY THAT ABOUT
jae2924: and dont' say pso because you finished ruins
MunkiBall: dude
MunkiBall: I finished Metroid just last week
MunkiBall: I finished Escape Velocity Nova Last NIGHT
MunkiBall: I'm still trudgin through FFX2
jae2924: whatever
MunkiBall: mmm hmmm
MunkiBall: see
jae2924: you finished NES Metriod last week
jae2924: ^^

jae2924: dude ev:nova was SOOOOO last year
MunkiBall: so?!??!
jae2924: ^^
jae2924: NES metriod
MunkiBall: do I have to finish em RIGHT AWAY!?!?!
MunkiBall: :P
jae2924: doesn't count
MunkiBall: I finished FFTA
jae2924: FEH
MunkiBall: I finished pokemon
jae2924: ; ;
jae2924: you're slowly breaking down my only angle of attack lately
jae2924: STOP IT
MunkiBall: shhh shhh
MunkiBall: I got more
MunkiBall: :P
MunkiBall: I finished Tron 2.0
jae2924: OMFG
jae2924: :(

Sigh. He finishes more games that I thought. I think in recent times, I've finished Tales of Phantasia and Skies of Arcadia. Bah. I still hate Munki. Just had to give credit where credit was due though. Fux you Munks. Asshat.

Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lightfeather » Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:41 pm

Two words...

He's lying.

HAHAHAHAHA p0wned
ImageImage

Munki

Postby Munki » Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:50 pm

Mmm hmmm...

Feather you get a big fat :grab:

So there :P
Space for Rent

Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Grand Wizard

Postby Marcallo » Mon Mar 08, 2004 5:22 pm

So ummm MTG:Online, it's cool?

LOL sorry Munki, I know I'm the king of threads being derailed, but at least this time it was bashing you and not a religious struggle...Hang on let's fix that.

This thread is all because of Religion, the Religion that supports powning munki. We call it the Church of the Unfinished Game.....
Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I'll look down, and whisper "no."

Pink
Buccaneer
Buccaneer
Custom Rank: Juke-Joint Jezebel

Postby Pink » Mon Mar 08, 2004 5:30 pm

Munki wrote:Blah blah blah. I hate you all :P

I finish games. I do agree that many games just aren't as good anymore. As intimate as I am with the industry, too many games rely on a weak gimmick / hook to pull you in, and then once that gimmick becomes old you realize "Holy crap, this game is no fun". That was how I felt about Max Payne... once you got over the bullet time, you realized that the game wasn't that fun (at least for me).

And I definately don't have the free time I once did so there :P Your crazy if you think I do. Getting home at 7ish and sleepin at 12ish does NOT = 3-3 gaming (and that was WEEKDAYS... weekends were far worse).

I'm just having to be more selective about games these days. Why should I trudge and force my way through something that isn't fun? I try many games becuase I am still a huge fan, but that doesn't mean that all the games I try live up to their potential of being fun. You seem to forget too that I play games all day at work to boot.

I will continue to try out games, and if they aren't fun/aren't worth finishing, then I won't FORCE myself to play it. Nuff said bout that.

As for iRO, my main problem is that it seems... eh I dunno. The combat seems to be kinda week, no cool things to mix it up with like Skill Chains or so forth. The mob AI isn't that good, there isn't a good system for Hate in the game. I haven't stopped it yet, because I love the world/graphics, but I am also not head over heels in love with the gameplay yet.

And I don't wanna just give up in FF:CC...I just seemingly got distracted. I'll finish the game if you still want to.

wtf -_- i asked you to party with me but you put it off...

SwordGirl.... Aco... that is the super fun leveling team right there....

Come on! we are in share range and everything

Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lightfeather » Mon Mar 08, 2004 5:38 pm

Yes Marc... I give magic online a hearty thumbs up. There is always someone to play with. Once you get your decks in order, you can just keep playing and playing and hardly cross the same deck/opponent twice... unless they have it out for you and challenge you because you wounded their pride by killing their money deck with your wussie birdies.
ImageImage

Ved
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: I sleep in a drawer

Postby Ved » Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:33 pm

Holy crap munki got beatdown whilst I was gone. Man just play or do whatever you're having fun with cause thats what games are all about, not putting little notches in your belt.

A lot of games don't even deserve to be finished because the gameplay or the story or the gimmick craps out before the end. Better to drop them and move on to something thats actually fun. Anyway it all boils down to "too many games, too little time"
Why are pirates pirates?
They just AAAARRRRRR!

Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Marcallo » Fri Apr 09, 2004 12:43 pm

Would you believe, it is now a month later and i'm home early so I went to try out this game again and it's STILL FUCKED UP!!!! I cannot believe the incompetance of such a major company as to still be having problems with what in comparison to something like EQ or Galaxies HAS to be a simple program. Now Im not even overly eager to give them any of my money. Even though I intended to invest less then 40 bucks I can't IMAGINE how much money they are losing in this process of having a fucked up game for so long.
Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

shivandraco
Midshipman
Midshipman
Custom Rank: Rockin out with my cock out....again.

Postby shivandraco » Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:34 pm

hi! i love mtg. i gots like 4,055 cards. i'm quite good. i have't been playing lately becuz i'm rilly busy! :crazy: well im not sure wut to talk about.

shivandraco
Midshipman
Midshipman
Custom Rank: Rockin out with my cock out....again.

Postby shivandraco » Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:35 pm

any1 gots more than 120 rares? im werkin on it.

Marcallo
Brew Master
Brew Master

Postby Marcallo » Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:13 pm

WTB: One spelling and grammar checker.....

Tawknot
Drunken Pirate
Drunken Pirate
Custom Rank: Master of the Dirtnap

Postby Tawknot » Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:45 am

Hmmm, have I mentioned I have an in at WotC whom I speak to regularly and who occasionally spends his credit buying me cards? We should all try and organize an MTGO team game sometime. :)
Mardigan ~40 Mage of Firetree

Grendal
Master Gunner
Master Gunner
Custom Rank: Tinkerbell

Postby Grendal » Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:29 am

If my account is still active, I'm in.

I took pretty high ranks at the Mirrodin pre-release tourney (IRL)....but I haven't played since Mirrodin online or otherwise.

Lightfeather
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lightfeather » Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:15 pm

I have a white/blue bird deck online a green sapproling deck that loses a lot and .... crap. I can't remember the third deck I built.

I think I still have my old 'guild' Otakutribe set up. My name on MTGO is Lightfeather. I haven' t logged on in forever!
ImageImage

Phat.Stack
Brew Master
Brew Master
Custom Rank: Master of the Psychic Dragon Punch

Postby Phat.Stack » Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:13 am

Likewise... I havent logged in in forever

I had a white/black plague rat/soul... something.... that white enchantment card that for every damage enchanted creature did, I gained a life.

So I would pop a plague rat (and other creatures like it) and gain like 40 life (as it did 4-5 damage to 8-10 targets).

Return to “Trading Card Games”